Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Shelf FREE-Do!

This shelf, as with most of my house since getting into everyone's blogs, has been bugging me. Christmas decor was anything left over in my tubs...it was the last step before finishing the decorating (see below).


UGH. Seriously. It was nothing spectacular and actually made me angry to look at!

However, after a FANTASTIC trip to Hobby Lobby yesterday that left my head spinning with inspiration I came right home to revamp and rev up. Interestingly enough, everything here on the shelf are things I already had at home, nothing from the Hob Lob trip!

Not the greatest shot, but the two that follow show some detail.



Old pic of me and our 2-year-old. Spray painted tray, flower, vase & {WRESTLING} book are all from $ stores in town. We have this great $ store in town that has just a few in its chain and you can get the GREATEST finds in there. Love it!


The folded book was inspired by the latest PB Kids catalog I received. They had books with folded pages hanging from the ceiling in a playroom. Too cute - had to "lift" it!


So, a work in progress I guess. But I'm SO much happier with it than before. And, the hubs even commented that he really liked it so it's a keeper - for now!

I'm linking this post to the DIY Showoff's Show & Tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment